Tour-Informationen 5 Days Heidschnuckenweg
Distance: 136 km
Ascent: 3339 m
Descent: 3378 m
Stages: 5 Days
1 Buchholz i.d. Nordheide nach Undeloh, 25km
2 Undeloh to Bispingen/Soltau, 27km
3 Bispingen to Soltau/Lührsbockel, 23km
4 Soltau to Hermannsburg, 30km
5 Hermannsburg to Scheuen/Celle, 28km
6 Scheuen/Celle to Celle, 3km
Are you looking for our detailed hiking report, stages and overnight stays or more maps?
You hike the 223 km on the Heidschnuckenweg Trail from Fischbek in the Nordheide, on the edge of Hamburg, to the old town of Celle in the Südheide. The European long-distance hiking trail E1 runs largely together with the Heidschnuckenweg. The path leads through some of the most attractive landscapes in the North Heath and South Heath. The dominant element in this section are the pine forest paths, on which the Heidschnuckenweg mainly runs here. Hiking through the heathland is a great experience not to be missed no matter what time of year.
On our 136km long section from Buchholz i.d. Nordheide the Heidschnuckenweg Trail is well signposted from Nordheide to Celle. The marking is a white “H” on a black background or the “X” from the E1 long-distance hiking trail.
Usefull information about the Heidschnuckenweg Trail – Lüneburger Heide, Germany
- This tour is recommended in August/September, due to the blooming heather. But be aware this is main season and it gets very crowded. We prefered spring with its silent magic moments and so we got snow.
- This region has a good infrasturcture (shops, ATM, bus and train connections). The trail in this section is not very demanding. If you are self-sufficient, think of enough food supplies.
- The hiking route in that area is completely signposted with the St. Andrew’s cross or an H (Heidschnuckenweg).
- While hiking on the E1 path there a plenty opportunities to have lunch or accommodation options in the Lüneburger Heide.
- Camping isn´t a problem but if you want to stay in pensions or hotels make shure to book in advance, especially in main season.
- A great source of information about the long distance trail E1 is https://e1.hiking-europe.eu/
Our personal hiking report
We invite you to read our story, experiences and adventures! First, because they come firsthand. Second, we offer a lot of additional information. Thirdly, we would like to take you on our hike on the famous Heidschnuckenweg Trail in a very private way. You are welcome to leave a comment.
Video of the Tour
For more information about the hiking trip Heidschnuckenweg Trail don´t hesitate to contact us. Feel free to watch our videos on YouTube and explore our other trails we´ve experienced for you!
Take care and go out and make it happen!